The twin-island nation of Trinidad and Tobago, located in the southern tip of the Caribbean with idyllic beaches and unspoiled nature, is the quintessential location for a romantic wedding ceremony on the beach. A premier Tobago hotel, Grafton Beach Resort allows you to choose a sunset soiree or delicate daytime ceremony on the private Grafton Beach complete with personalized menus and event coordination. Our wedding venue offers the “Wedding in Paradise” and renewal of vows packages for inclusion of all your event aspects.
The island of Tobago features a relaxed and inviting atmosphere and a pleasant tropical climate with temperatures averaging from 78 (25 Celsius) to 93 degrees Fahrenheit (34 Celsius). Beware of the rainy season from June
through December. After the ceremony, turn your event into an exciting honeymoon or adventure filled mini vacation. Our Caribbean hotel concierge will be happy to assist in planning your pre and post nuptial events.
Weddings & Events
Ensure your beach wedding is a success by planning ahead for all required documentation which includes:
- (Minimum validity 6 months)
- Birth certificate. (Both long and short certificates are acceptable.)
- If either you or your partner is divorced: Decree Absolute is required. This document must clearly show the court stamp.
- If either you or your partner is widowed: the former marriage certificate and death certificate of the spouse is required.
- If either you or your partner are under 18 years of age on the date of your marriage and will not be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian: An affidavit granting permission for the wedding to take place is required from the parent or legal guardian. This must be prepared and sworn in the UK prior to your date of travel.
- If either you or your partner has been adopted: Adoption papers need to be produced.
- Any relevant documentation you hold which is in any language other than English must be officially translated and be accompanied by the original.
You must be a resident in Tobago for 3 days (excluding date of arrival) before you can apply for a marriage license. We would, therefore, recommend that 4 – 5 days are allowed to make the necessary arrangements comfortably.
Ceremonies are primarily arranged on weekdays, with some Saturdays being confirmed, and are conducted by a Minister.
In order for marriages to be legal, the law requires that at least two witnesses be present at the ceremony. Grafton Beach Resort can assist with providing witnesses if necessary.
If you are not a British Citizen (or hold dual nationality) and are in possession of documents issued under a different jurisdiction, we request that the documents are sent to us in advance. Verification can then be requested from the appropriate authorities in the resort. We will advise you if additional documentation is subsequently required.
Request a Quote
Let Grafton Beach Resort help plan your upcoming event by filling in your information in the Request for Proposal below.